Rob McEwen Interview Highlights
(July 4th, 2011)
- updates on US Gold and Minera Andes merger, vote likely in October 2011
- he believes a lift from $1.5 to 2 billion is possible for a company with development and production
- notes he needs a $5 billion market by 2015 to get his S+P listing
- gold will eventually climb the wall price wise.
- we’re far from the state where people have to have gold
- says we’re at 1% of portfolio’s in gold and could get to 5% at the peak.
- believes the ETF’s have taken away from the miners, thinks its taken away up to 50%
- see’s $5000 gold in 3-4 years
- Barrick was trading at 2.2 X NAV before ETFs, now at 1.1 X NAV
- the ETFs don’t have the risks that the miners have