Rob McEwen Interview Highlights
(May 27th, 2011)
- not surprised gold is only 1% of gold portfolio’s
- with negative real rates gold is much more attractive
- when percentage of gold in portfolio’s goes to 3-4% then gold will go much higher.
- when gold goes thru $2000 we’ll see a surge, and again $2700-3000 then it will launch like a rocket.
- Minera Andes (MAI, MNEAF) cash flow will double next year when Hothschild debt is retired.
- doesn’t see Minera Andes or US gold (UXG) going back to the markets in the short term.
- major producers benefiting from these high prices.
- majors need to deploy capital, best option would be dividend but their investment bankers want them to buy instead.
- seniors would benefit from increased dividends
- juniors will be best growth for your dollar but riskier
See full interview here.